The mobile phone in general and in this case the iPhone has become an important tool, because it has a part of our lives. In other words, in this device, we find information that concerns our privacy. And we must not drop this data in the hands of another, especially when it comes to selling the device or making a donation. Under these conditions, the best is to delete the data from his iPhone. So how does it work? Check out our tips on this.
We know that it is important to delete the contents of your phone before selling it. But maybe you have data, meaningful files, memories (videos, photos, etc.) that you need to keep. If so, what should be done? You just have to think about backing up your data before you move on to resetting your iPhone. To do this, you can use iTunes by following these steps:
- Connect the iPhone phone to a computer using a USB cable (it can be a laptop, a desktop computer…);
- Launch the iTunes application on your computer (you would have to install the application first if you have not yet done so);
- Select the phone;
- Then click on “Save Now”.
This action allows you to back up all the contents of your iOS device.
Besides, it is possible to proceed with backing up your iPhone data to iCloud.
Now that it’s done, you can move on to deleting the data, that is, resetting your iPhone. You don’t have to be a computer pro, or have a lot of computer hardware to do it. All you need is a computer. There are several ways to do this.
The most used so-called traditional methods to erase the contents of an iPhone
Remove information from your device settings
Apple provides a function on iPhone that allows you to do this action if you don’t have a computer for it. To achieve this, it is necessary to:
- Go to the settings or settings of your iPhone;
- Click on General;
- Then click on Reset;
- In the menu that appears, click on “Erase content and settings”
At this level, you will be asked to enter your passcode: enter it and then click on “Erase iPhone” to confirm the operation.
After that, your iPhone phone will be emptied of all its contents.
Delete iPhone Content with iTunes
iTunes is an application that allows you to restore your iPhone and thus delete all the information that is in it. Here are the steps you should follow to erase iPhone content with iTunes:
- Connect your iPhone to your computer using a USB cable;
- Launch the iTunes app;
- Select your iOS device and click Summary;
- Then you just need to click “Restore iPhone” to erase all the contents of your device in one go.
The so-called fast methods
Removing iPhone Content with Tenorshare ReiBoot
With Tenorshare ReiBoot, you can do without iTunes. Just launch the program and connect your iPhone to your PC or whatever the type of computer. Then go to the menus and then click on Restore Factory Configuration. After that, click on “Repair Now”. All you have to do is follow the instructions to confirm the reset.
Deleting data from iPhone with Tenorshare 4uKey
Tenorshare 4uKey is an iPhone unlocking software that can be used to reset factory settings on an iOS device. To use this software to delete all the contents of your iPhone at once, you must do the following:
- First of all, download and install the software on your Windows or Mac laptop;
- Once your program is installed, you need to connect your iPhone to the computer;
- Then, click on “Unlock Locked Screen” and then on “Start”;
An interface will open in the application where you will be asked to download the firmware package compatible with your device.
- Download the recommended firmware package;
At the end of the download, you will now be able to start the reset. Once the process has started, all we have to do is wait for it to complete itself.
Your iPhone is ready for sale. But beware, there is one last thing to do before you give up your phone. This is to deactivate your iCloud account. If you don’t unlink your iPhone from your iCloud account, your buyer won’t be able to use it.
- Open the settings of your iPhone device;
- Then select the iCloud topic;
- Press the “Logout” or “Delete Account” button at the bottom of the window
You will have to enter your credentials at this level. After doing so, you will have to click on “Logout” once again.
You now have a phone like new. All your data is erased and your iCloud account is also deleted. Your buyer cannot have access to your personal data. And, thanks to the backup, you can always restore your settings to your new phone.
Finally, if you forgot to delete the data from your iPhone before leaving it to someone, it is possible to reset it remotely. Do not hesitate to contact us. Our experts are at your disposal.